Saturday, March 21, 2015

Home Depot Delivery No Call No Show

I ordered my Kitchen Appliances, a dishwasher and Range over Microwave, from Newark, CA Home Depot. The pro delivery was scheduled for 15th March, Saturday. I received a call from them and got a recorded message that the delivery will take place between 9am to 1pm.

The delivery folks did not show up. I then went to have my lunch and then at around 1.30pm approximately the delivery guy calls me and tells me that they are at the destination for the delivery. I tried explaining to them that i am having lunch but i am leaving immediately so that i can take the delivery.

I asked Home Depot to wait for 5 to 10 minutes but they said they would not and hung up. I drove as fast as i could, within the permissible speed limit, and reached there in around 6 minutes. I infact saw them leaving as well in a huge truck. I immediately called the delivery person to voice my complaint but did not pick up and started rejecting my calls within couple rings. I left few voice-mails as well as tried calling around 10 times but no response.

I rescheduled the delivery for a week after i.e the 21st March, Saturday. This time i got a call on Friday, the 20th March and i was told by the same recorded message that the delivery will happen between 9am to 1pm. I waited till 2pm and no show. I called home depot and the kitchen manager at the Newark, CA home depot was extremely rude and hung up on me. I then called back again and i was informed that the delivery is scheduled for between 11am and 3pm.

They then mentioned that the delivery people told them that they would reach at my place around 3pm. I later received a call at 2.15pm and a recorded message mentioned that the delivery will happen in next 30 minutes. I kept waiting..3pm..4pm..5pm..6pm...7pm but no luck. I did not even receive any courtesy call that the delivery is running late or if they would like to reschedule it. No luck contacting their customer service department either.

This has been the most disappointing, frustrating and unprofessional experience ever I had with any company. I tried to reach out on Twitter but no response their either. I would definitely not recommend them to anyone nor will i buy such expensive items from them ever again.

Next time I will pick a different home improvement store like Lowe's.