Thursday, September 24, 2015

9 Things I Hate About Yahoo Mail

What doesn't frustrate you when you have a Yahoo email account? I recently went back and tried to update an older Yahoo! email account I had.

Let me tell you something, it was the most painful experience of my life. I thought that with all the technology and automation Yahoo! has it would make this easy. Nope, not at all.
Does it make any sense at all that you cannot remove the original email address you used when creating an account/profile/id (or whatever they decide to call it today)?


  1. I no longer have the email account I used to sign up for Yahoo! mail, and I can't remove it without having access to it. 
  2. I also had an email address and account for a group I co-own but had to change to an alias after making the account. I cannot change the alias without access the old group email.
  3. Suddenly, Yahoo was showing my original ID as the sender in emails instead of the alias - which was well known by then by group members. What do you know? You can't make an alias into an account without being connected to that original ID. 
  4. You can't delete an account or you won't be able to use the alias, of course. Nope. 
  5. Oh, and don't expect to delete the whole account and open another with the alias because, once it's deleted, it's dead and gone for who knows how long.
  6. Lets not even get started on all the issues we have on groups! That would take forever. 
  7. Yahoo help or customer support? There is none. Zero. Zip. Zilch
  8. They try to make you believe there is automated steps to help you with technical problems, but you can be assured that there isn't unless you've been blocked from your account for some reason.
  9. There is no support number readily visible. Then after hours of searching, you can call the number that's almost impossible to find. Once you have them on the phone they won't help you with anything though, so don't bother trying.