Wednesday, December 30, 2015

My Frustrating Chat Log with Adobe Customer Service


Adobe is a software company. Customers have an account. But it is unable as customer to end subscriptions yourself. You have to do this by phone or chat. So I started a chat. My year subscriptions ends January 8th.

I know that I must give notice a month before ending that I want to stop. But then I have summer vacation. So I want to inform them now and get the confirmation that it will stop. Below you find the chat.

Hi, we are currently helping other customers in line ahead of you. We'll be with you as soon as possible.

While you wait, you can try our community forums where experts are online 24/7.

You are now chatting with 'Roopkumar'

22:02:10

Roopkumar:

Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.

22:02:14

Roopkumar:

Hi LC

22:02:20

LC Wouterson:

Hi

22:02:54

Roopkumar:

I understand that you wish to cancel your subscription and I can take care of that for you.

22:03:00

LC Wouterson:

Thank you. Your chat transcript will be sent to you at the end of your chat.

22:04:16

Roopkumar:

May I place you on hold for a couple of minutes while I check that for you?

22:04:23

LC Wouterson:

Okay

22:04:32

Roopkumar:

Thank you.

22:06:50

Roopkumar:

Thank you for staying online, I appreciate your patience.

22:07:20

Roopkumar:

If you could let me know the reason for cancellation, I can check and help you with our available options.

22:08:01

LC Wouterson:

I am not using photoshop anymore

22:08:16

Roopkumar:

Thank you for the information.

22:08:58

Roopkumar:

May I know which Creative Cloud application you use other than the Photoshop?

22:09:06

LC Wouterson:

no other

22:09:14

Roopkumar:

Thank you.

22:09:58

Roopkumar:

I understand that you would like to cancel your membership, and I can take care of that for you. However, would you be willing to continue your membership with an next annual commitment if I can offer you the next month of your membership for free?

22:10:26

LC Wouterson:

That is very kind, but since I am not using the software, this offer is not suitable for me.

22:10:38

Roopkumar:

Thank you.

22:11:06

Roopkumar:

We are sorry to see you go. But before I go ahead and cancel your membership, may I ask if you would be willing to continue your next annual membership if I can get you two free months of your annual Creative Cloud membership?

22:11:56

LC Wouterson:

That is very kind, but since I am not using the software, this offer is not suitable for me.

22:12:08

Roopkumar:

Okay

22:13:54

Roopkumar:

I see that there is still 2 months to go to end your annual commitment.

22:14:54

Roopkumar:

So you can cancel the subscription on your account to avoid termination fee.

22:15:04

Roopkumar:

Now it is unable to turn off.

22:16:47

LC Wouterson:

I started the chat with this problem. Nevertheless you suggested that you could end the subscription for me. Because of the summer holidays I am not able to end the subscription at that time. So I would like to inform you now. It would be ever so customer friendly if that could be arranged. With the remarkable software that Adobe makes, surely that must be possible.

22:17:21

Roopkumar:

Okay

22:17:31

Roopkumar:

Can I cancel it now?

22:19:27

Roopkumar:

Are we still connected?

22:19:49

LC Wouterson:

I depend on you on this, because unfortunately Adobe's customer cannot do so in their account page, as customers from par example phone companies can. I want to end it so there does not start a new year.

22:20:51

Roopkumar:

LC, I certainly understand your concern.

22:21:28

LC Wouterson:

Okay

22:21:33

LC Wouterson:

So how can we solve this?

22:22:49

Roopkumar:

LC, I suggest you to contact us on or after January 2016.


22:22:59

Roopkumar:

It is unable to do that now.

22:23:28

LC Wouterson:

I am really very disappointed

22:23:47

Roopkumar:

I'm sorry to say that it is not possible to turn off the auto renewal on your account.

22:24:12

LC Wouterson:

I find this very custumer unfriendly. A huge company as Adobe that is all about software is not able to manage its own subscription system?

22:24:59

Roopkumar:

It is possible to turn off the renewal on or after January 2016.

22:25:23

Roopkumar:

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

22:26:07

LC Wouterson:

I understand that you personally are not responsible, but you are talking to me on behalf of Adobe. And Adobe makes me very unsatisfied. I would like you to pass on this message for me, please.

22:26:51

Roopkumar:

Sure.

22:27:15

Roopkumar:

Your feedback is appreciatable.

22:28:09

Roopkumar:

I'll escalate your feedback to our concern team.

22:28:37

Roopkumar:

But there is no option to turn off the renewal on your account now itself.

22:28:59

LC Wouterson:

I understood that. What is the way to file complaints at Adobe?

22:30:27

Roopkumar:

You can post your feedback and complaints on forums.

22:31:29

Roopkumar:

Link

22:32:19

LC Wouterson:

Ah - so the persons in charge won't be bothered with it? Okay, thanks, I think I understand the way things go now. I will ask someone to end my subscription while I am on holidays. And I will never return as a customer again, so I won't be getting this kind of trouble anymore. Thank you for trying to supply customer service.

22:33:02

Roopkumar:

Thank you for contacting Adobe.  We are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Goodbye!

This chat session has ended.

Thank you for contacting Adobe.