Saturday, November 19, 2016

Complaint Phone Calls to Citibank Customer Service

I am the POA and Trustee for my Aunt, Maxine V Williams, whom is 101 years old.  Maxine lived with me in Kingman AZ, which is a minimum of two hours from a Citibank Branch.  Maxine passed on November 11, 2016, and I was unable to resolve an issue with through Citibank customer service over a three month period beginning in September, before her death to prevent her account from being over drawn.

On September 19, 2016, I called Citibank customer service and spoke with Jerod in San Antonio Texas, Team number TRT052.  I explained the situation that Maxine was at that time 100 years old, and we lived two hours away from a branch and I wanted to ensure that her account was closed and a check mailed to her address in her name. 

I had asked first if they would transfer the money from savings to checking to cover any debits that might come in.  They told me they could not do this, the only thing they could do is close the account.  

At that time there was $235.40 in her checking and 5,716.06 in her savings acct.  I was assured that the account was closed and I would receive a check in 7 to 10 days.  A stop payment would be placed on all incoming debits from the account.

On October 18, 2016: I received an overdraft notice and called customer service again. I spoke with Heather in San Antonio, Team Number TRT046.  I explained the situation again, and asked to please transfer the money in savings to checking, as Maxine was dying and not able to resolve this. 

As her POA and Trustee I was trying to take care of this as not to overdraw the account.  I was assured that the account would be closed out and a check sent within 7 to 10 days. I would receive also a statement showing a zero balance.

On November 9, 2016 I received a statement showing the checking account overdrawn by 113.39.  This time I requested a supervisor.  I spoke with Kathy in San Antonio, Team Number TRT046.  She told me the account had been zeroed out and the check was on the way.  But, if a debit comes in it would stop the closing of the account. 

But I would receive a check and final statement in 7 to 10 days.  Now, I also explained each time that I as Maxine's POA/Trustee/Caregiver could not leaver her side,  I also explained that Maxine was near death.  She died on November 11/11/2016. 

I understand the Citibank has policies and procedures, but there are extenuating circumstances in life that need to be addressed.  When I said this the supervisor just said "We have thousands of customers, we cannot do that." 

Did I mention that I started calling the Citibank branch in Fresno where her accounts were in August and the Bank Manager told me that Customer Service would deal with this and they would close the accounts. 

So, I started at the branch, called customer service, ended up with the Citibank corporate headquarters in San Antonio.  To add insult to injury, when I asked who is above them that I could write to or call and talk to.  I was told there was no one. 

Today is November 18, 2016 and I have received another insufficient fund notice from them stating that they have transferred money from savings to checking to cover a an overdraft.  But, that it is still overdrawn. 

I did not even bother calling them because I wold get a run around.  I have copies of every document and can attach separately, but would need to go to a scanner to attach them.

Please help me to resolve this. Maxine served in WWII, has always bee responsible and she would be appalled at this.