Monday, March 28, 2016

2013 Kia Sorento Problems Losing Power While Driving

I own a 2013 Kia Sorento with 42,000 miles.  For the second time in two years the car has lost power and shut down while driving. The first time I was lucky, as no cars where behind me when the car shut down. My speed was approximately 35 mph.

The second incident took place last Thursday March 24, 2016  as I was driving in heaving traffic on rt 128 in Westwood, Ma. The car completely lost power for about 30 seconds. I am very lucky I was in heavy traffic or I most likely would have been rear ended which could have resulted in serious injury or death. Now I am reading more Kia complaints online and wondering if something bigger is going on here.

I have investigated and learned this is an ongoing issue with the Kia Sorento, with no clear answer as to why.  I am bringing my car to the dealership today.  This is a very dangerous issue and will never feel safe with myself or my daughter driving or driving with passengers potentially putting their lives in danger. 

I would like to know what you can do to rectify this issue?  I do not want to take legal action.