Saturday, March 26, 2016

McDonald's Extremeley Slow Customer Service in Florida

Went to McDonald's at 10 p.m. Friday evening 3-25-2016 on Lake Worth Rd. in Greenacres Fl. I waited for a couple of minutes at the drive-thru before getting to place my order. Meanwhile two other cars pulled up in the other lane and place their order before I finally asked for help.

After ordering two filet-o-fish, I waited and waited for 12 minutes before getting to the first window to pay. 2 more minutes go by before my money was accepted and change given.  I asked the girl if they were always this slow. "I don't know" was her response. I got to the second window picked up my order and asked that girl the same thing.

I got the same response. I asked for a manager and she said she was. In a calm voice I said "maybe you should learn how to manage." No response from her but a worker behind her laughed.  I spent almost 17 minutes from the time I pulled up to the drive-thru until I got my food. There were only about 6 or 7 cars parked in the lot and 5 in front of me.

The customer service at this McDonald's location was slow and terrible. They need more help or need to be managed better. Either way it is the manager's responsibility.