Thursday, March 31, 2016

Rude Estee Lauder Customer Service in Mesa, AZ

I recently went to a Estee Lauder counter in an area where I was running errands around the Biltmore area in Phoenix, Az. The woman who helped me at the counter was very nice and tried to help color match me however, the color that we decided on was not available so I ordered it there at the counter to be delivered to my home.

Once the foundation arrived I immediately found that she accidentally ordered the wrong color....no big deal I will just return it. I went to the Estee Lauder counter at the mall very near to my home which is Superstitions Springs in Mesa, AZ. I went to the Dillard's Estee Lauder counter instead of the Macy's Estee Lauder counter where I originally ordered from because I frequent Dillard's more I just failed to look at where I made the original purchase on the receipt.

The woman at the Dillard's Estee Lauder by the name of Eileen was very rude to me. She was talking on the phone when I arrived so I felt it was most appropriate to let her finish her conversation before I asked her for assistance. However, she decided to speak to me and whomever she was talking to on the phone at the same time.

I didn't even know she was talking to me how unprofessional. I told her about the wrong color makeup and how I would just like an exchange but before I could ask for an exchange she immediately said "do you just want to return it?" I said "no, I would like to find my color." She did use the photo device to "TRY" and find my color but that was not a very good indicator as I have many different undertones in my skin as I am multiple ethnicity.

She swatched a few colors on my cheek which were way too cool and it was very apparent they were way too light for my complexion. When I asked her if I could try a different color foundation that I thought would compliment my skin tone she said "No, that would be way too dark." she then said after only swatching four colors (spiced sand, amber honey, soft tan, and honey bronze) "THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO FOR YOU."

I stood there shocked for a moment thinking there are 70 colors and other foundations that Estee Lauder offers and there are no colors that can match me but drug store foundation can?!  She asked " would you like to return it?"  I said "Yes" obviously if it is not my color why would I keep it.

So I gave her the receipt and the box in which the foundation came in and she said very rude "Where is the yellow sticker that belongs on the box?" I was confused because I didn't know what she was talking about and still in shock of the poor service that I was given.

I gave her the receipt and she then said "You bought this from Macy's" she handed me back the items and just walked away. I called my husband and he told me there was a Macy's in the mall just go there and make the return.

I did find my color on my own and returned my item to Macy's Estee Lauder to the Manager named Jennifer. she was very kind and she did try a few different colors before she tried the one that I wanted (rich caramel) to purchase right when I walked in.

I couldn't believe the rudeness and lack of customer service that Eileen at the Dillard's Estee Lauder counter in Superstition Springs Mall in Mesa, Arizona gave me (even the sales woman at Dior found Eileen to be rude and to get complaints from other customers as well) but Jennifer the Manager at Macy's made me have a change of heart about Estee Lauder because she was really nice and took the time to help me.