Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Terrible Experience at Hampton Inn in Illinois

 I did not rate my experience because our stay has not yet taken place but I have always been more than pleased with any Hampton Inn I have stayed at, except for the one in Decatur Illinois. A resent stay. I have booked two nights stay in the family suite at the Hampton Inn in Peru Illinois.

I have stayed here before and loved my stay which is why I talked my Grand-daughter into having a Birthday Party for her 10 yr. old at the Hampton. We went in a month early to speak with the desk clerk  to get proper information as to what our request were before booking our rooms. she assured us that the 7 little guest of my Great-Granddaughters would be allowed to swim as part of the party. We booked the family suite for Friday and Saturday night.

The dates of April 29th and 30th. We was spending the night there. Our immediate family but the guest invited to party was not spending the night. The clerk assured us it did not matter and the kids could all swim until party was over.

Just two days before our arrival we get a call from the Hotel manager that the guest would not be allowed to swim unless they were staying in the hotel. This was two late a notice from the Hotel for us to make other plans. I am outraged as I deliberately checked with the Hotel a whole month early on this.

I feel it is unfair to us if the front desk clerks are not fully trained on Hotel policy. Now we will have to take the guest to our local YMCA and pay extra per child to allow them to swim as promised and then transport them back to the hotel for their party. I understand Policy is policy but it isn't our fault when we went out of our way to have all our T's crossed and our I's doted.

Very Disappointed. Giving us this late information notice made it impossible for us to book somewhere else as nice. Please inform managers that they should have their desk clerks properly trained in all fairness to the guest.