Friday, July 22, 2016

Chevron is By Far the Worst Gas Station Ever

At 10:27 a.m. on July 20, 2015, I filled up at the Chevron station at 2020 FM 2920 in Spring, Texas, at Pump #5.  I bought 9.995 gallons at a price of $24.48--so 10 gallons for about $24--which was done on my credit card at the pump, took my receipt, and left.  The afternoon of the same day I saw a charge online on this credit card in the amount of $101.00 at Chevron 00165380.

I first called the credit card company to dispute the charge, but was told that since the charge is pending and not posted, I would have to wait a few days.  I drove back to the Chevron station to show the clerk my credit card statement and the actual receipt.

I live and go to our local Chevron quite often. So, today I went in at 1:40 in the afternoon for 1 item and was told it would be about 10 minutes to ring me up because they were doing a shift change. I have been inconvenienced by this before and I, and many others were not happy. You'd think a large corporation like Chevron would have a system in place that would not effect their customers!

Then, I was walking in Chevron and trying to buy a pack of cigarettes and handed him an I'd card and he said he couldn't sell me my cigarettes cause it had no expiration date and state ID's don't have expiration dates.

I told him he was being rude and he threw my money at me and told me to get the f*** out of his store and wouldn't sell me gas before walking out, what he had gave me by speaking on the phone after getting corporate number was rude and was unkind to his customer's, and was giving me wrong numbers when calling trying to get Chevron's corporate number by giving me a run around numbers.

He said he was not on duty at the time and could do nothing to correct it.  I asked for the name of the clerk who had been on duty, but he could only say that his name was Mike (he could not give the last name), and that Mike worked there from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.  He suggested I come back the next day.  I took down the phone number at the station, which he said was 281-288-5339.

This is by far the worst gas station I have ever been to in my life. If I do not hear back I will definitely dispute the charge.  For the record I am appalled at this incident and want action to correct it.  Thank you.