Sunday, July 10, 2016

My Windows 10 Upgrade Was a Complete Failure

A few weeks after it was launched, I downloaded Windows 10 to my PC.  At no time during the process was there any indication that it was not suitable and for a little over 2 months, it worked perfectly well. Please save me from the terrible customer service.

Then, out of the blue, I was no longer able to access some features and I contacted the online support team, chatting with a helpful young man called Jasper for a time.  After much digging, I was able to give him the make and model of my PC and once he had checked this out, he replied that it wasn't compatible with Windows 10. 

He suggested that I revert to Windows 8 but, at the time, I was unable to find my disk or product key so couldn't go any further with the process.  Jasper said I should contact the support team once again when I did find them and I would be given help to restore the PC to the previous version and shouldn't lose anything.

A few days later, once I had located the disk and product key, I contacted the support line again, on this occasion chatting to a female operator, I'm afraid I can't remember her name. 

She wasn't as helpful as Jasper, just told me to back up all of my files etc and then restore the PC to Windows 8.  I did so, I bought a large volume memory stick and backed things up to that then tried to reinstall Windows 8. 

Unfortunately, it hasn't worked properly and I am stuck in a form of limbo, somewhere in between 8 and 10.  I also haven't been able to access my main email account therefore have lost many emails, all of my contact details, concert tickets etc. 

As a result of not having access to the emails, I was late in making my final payment for an item I had purchased on a 1-year interest free credit basis, resulting in me having been hit with a bill for an extra £100.

I would appreciate if you would look into this and advise me of how to resolve these issues.